Able is a team of designers and engineers that have started, grown, and sold technology companies. Now we pool our skills as a team to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
Able is seeking UI Designers to join and contribute to our design team in Lima. As a UI Designer, you will collaborate with cross functional teams to craft beautiful interfaces that are as simple and efficient as possible for our portfolio of products.
What will be expected of you:
- A human-centered approach to design; you build empathy for the people you are designing for and you understand that their feedback is fundamental to good design.
- Collaboration; you make an effort to involve people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets in your process. You take criticism well and know how to prioritize and incorporate varying points of view.
- Communication; you build trust and buy-in by articulating your design decisions, ideas, and solutions in an empathetic and practical manner to stakeholders and non-designers.
- Experimentation; you see prototyping and building as an integral part of your innovation process. You continually challenge yourself to find the rough spots and complexities in your thinking by applying your designs to different scenarios.
- An analytical mindset; you strive to validate your design decisions with best practices and data. You can draw out and incorporate useful insights and themes from user feedback and metrics.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in visual and interaction design with patterns, tools, and methodologies to draw from.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and a track record of building and shipping software products that solve real problems.
- A passion for creating products that users love.
- An appreciation of how difficult it is to build anything new and the never-ending desire to try anyway.
- 3+ years experience working as a UI, Interaction or Visual Designer for software product companies
- A portfolio of great user interface design that demonstrates an ability to use imagery, color, typography, and composition to communicate ideas, enhance usability, and improve the user experience.
- Experience in Sketch
- Experience with prototyping (Framer, Marvel, InVision, etc) as a way to explore and validate ideas, and to communicate design requirements
- Experience designing interfaces for business customers.
- Experience in designing and implementing usability research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Here are some of our perks:
- Working from home open policy
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salary
- A MacBook to work with
- Payroll (bonus on July and December, CTS and vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Complimentary lunches
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.