Able is a team of designers and engineers that have started, grown, and sold technology companies. Now we pool our skills as a team to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't be forced to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
Able is seeking a Design Manager to lead and grow our design team in Lima. As the Design Manager, you'll collaborate with the leadership team to establish a strategy and manage the effectiveness of our design efforts across our portfolio of products.
What will be expected of you:
- Coaching — You will need to be exceptionally good at solving problems in design as your team members will frequently look to you for advice. However, you won’t just provide advice, you will take the time to help your team members discover the best solution from within themselves.
- Mentorship – You will foster an environment of strong personal relationships, long-term professional development, and have a meaningful impact on your team members’ pursuit of their dreams.
- Reinforce a strong design culture — a culture that:
- Encourages rapid experimentation, iteration and learning — everyone feels free to try out different things, fail and learn from their mistakes
- Values inclusiveness in the design process
- Recognizes that every decision should be made intentionally — nothing is left to chance
- Grow the team — You will be responsible for recruiting and retaining top design talent.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in user experience, interaction and visual design, with patterns, tools, and methodologies to draw from.
- A track record of building, managing, and motivating teams. People want to work on your team again.
- Passion for coaching and mentorship; someone who takes pride and delight in multiplying the success of their team’s work and growth.
- Appreciation of how difficult it is to build anything new and the never-ending desire to try anyway.
- 10+ years of experience working as a Product Designer, UX Designer, or Interaction Designer.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing design teams.
- Portfolio of great user experiences with elegant, simple interactions.
- Experience designing products for business customers, and managing teams of designers who have built products for business customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English.
Why you should join us:
- You will be challenged to lead and grow a team of Lima’s most talented and passionate designers – we are committed to radically improving the opportunities provided to designers in Perú.
- You will receive a competitive salary that is continually evaluated based on your impact. You will also be eligible for cash bonuses that recognize your performance.
- You will enjoy flexible working hours – we emphasize impact and outcomes, not working long hours.
- You can work from where you are most comfortable and productive – we have a wonderful office that we’re very proud of but also understand that sometimes working from home is better.
- ...speaking of our office! We offer complimentary lunch, snacks, and beverages.
- You will receive exceptional tools – whether it’s a MacBook or a giant monitor, we recognize that your tools matter.
- You will receive health insurance and other benefits (CTS, Gratifications, etc.).
- We will invest in your education – we sponsor weekly English language classes and other resources for you to continually challenge yourself, learn, and grow.
- We have a flexible vacation policy to ensure you can recharge with friends and family.
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success. We recognize that we must take action proactively to promote a more diverse team. We take care to provide team members of different backgrounds and stages in life a flexible environment where they can effectively balance their career with their personal goals and happiness. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.