Able is a team of designers and engineers that have started, grown, and sold technology companies. Now we pool our skills as a team to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
Able is seeking a Director of Design to lead and scale our design team in Lima. As the Director of Design, you'll collaborate with the leadership team to establish a strategy and manage the effectiveness of our design efforts across our portfolio of products.
What will be expected of you:
- Coaching — You will need to be exceptionally good at solving problems in design as your team members will frequently look to you for advice. However, you won’t just provide advice, you will take the time to help your team members discover the best solution from within themselves.
- Mentorship – You will foster an environment of strong personal relationships, long-term professional development, and have a meaningful impact on your team members’ pursuit of their dreams.
- Reinforce a strong design culture — a culture that:
- Encourages rapid experimentation, iteration and learning — everyone feels free to try out different things, fail and learn from their mistakes
- Values inclusiveness in the design process
- Recognizes that every decision should be made intentionally — nothing is left to chance
- Grow the team — You will be responsible for recruiting and retaining strong talent.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in user experience, interaction and visual design, with patterns, tools, and methodologies to draw from.
- A track record of building, managing, and motivating teams. People want to work on your team again.
- Passion for coaching and mentorship; someone who takes pride and delight in multiplying the success of their team’s work and growth.
- Appreciation of how difficult it is to build anything new and the never-ending desire to try anyway.
- 10+ years of experience working as a Product Designer, UX Designer, or Interaction Designer.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing product teams
- Portfolio of great user experiences with elegant, simple interactions
- Experience designing products for business customers, and managing teams of designers who have built products for business customers
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Here are some of our perks:
- Working from home open policy
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salary
- A MacBook to work with
- Payroll (bonus on July and December, CTS and vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Complimentary lunches
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.