Able is a team of designers and engineers that have started, grown, and sold technology companies. Now we pool our skills as a team to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
A QA Engineer will be part of the Quality Assurance team, and at the core of every product we develop. You will be contributing with a fresh perspective to product scenarios and be able to detect defects before they get deployed into production. You will also be part of the problem solving process by collaborating with the team and contributing with constructive criticism.
What will be expected of you:
- Participate in the planning requirements and analysis phase, request clarifications and propose improvements
- Provide continuous feedback about processes and opportunities of improvements
- Design and describe comprehensive tests by applying test design techniques and peer collaboration
- Execute test cases in different browsers and environments as defined by the project’s requirements
- Document any defects or bugs found, explaining them in a comprehensive way
- Maintain accurate testing documentation up-to-date, acting as a “source of truth” for functional requirements
- Conduct root cause analyses, and follow up with software engineers to address any defects found
What we are looking for:
- Passion for collaborative problem solving and the willingness to challenge, debate and form relationships with team members
- Your strong analytical skills allows you to see the relationship between different elements and how they affect the whole
- Attention to even the smallest detail makes you a very meticulous person
- You know what you don’t know, you have no problem admitting it, and you’re eager to do whatever it takes to address that gap
- Continuous learning to expand your abilities, increasing your skills and domain knowledge, as well as sharing with your team
- A desire to improve Able’s product development practices and the experience to follow-through on implementation
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Formal education in QA area
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Here are some of our perks:
- Working from home open policy
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salary
- A MacBook to work with
- Payroll (bonus on July and December, CTS and vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Complimentary lunches
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.